May 17, 2011

Wedding Trend - Grooms in Suits

Lately, I've seen more and more grooms wearing suits on their Big Day, and it's a trend that I'm simply in love with.  There's nothing like a man in a well-fitted suit.  It looks snazzy, elegant, and always unique.  I posted about grooms' attire a while ago, and figured I'd elaborate a bit more on the suit aspect.

My favorite thing about a groom in a suit is the fit-- suits are tailored to perfectly fit just one person (and that person should be the groom!), rather than the semi-tailored one-size-fits-most rental tuxedo experience. Mind you, I like tuxes just fine, I've just heard a lot of rental tux horror stories.  Unless you're like my husband, who did actually own his own tux in college, a suit is the only way you'll get a truly customized fit.  With a suit, the sleeves and pants are the right length, the shoulders fit well, and the pants aren't too tight or too loose.

Another great reason to wear a suit is variety of colors, styles and options.  Suits come in every color under the sun (trust me!), and the styles and patterns of shirts, ties, cufflinks and belts is endless!  It allows the groom's personality to come out a bit more (just like you and your dress, girls!), and his attire can better complement the whole wedding day style, whether it's an elegant estate wedding, a chic winery event, or even a fancy country club affair.  A suit is entirely appropriate for just about any wedding.

Here are a few of my favorite suits from recent weddings.... "'Cause every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man!"

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment