May 20, 2011

Diamonds + Coals - Viruses and Curtains

After months of putting it off, we finally bought new curtains for our bedroom.  This was a big deal because we're a walking home-improvement disaster.  Just ask me about The Great Electrical Incident and I guarantee you'll agree.  Thankfully, this project just involved switching out the current curtains for new, light-blocking ones.  See, our neighborhood bumped up the wattage of the light bulbs used in the sidewalk lights to something like 4 million Watts, and sadly, one of those lights is right in front of our house, making it feel a little like one of those movies where the police helicopter is hovering over the suspect's house with a spot light trained on the windows.  Great if you want to wander around the house at night but don't want to turn the lights on, not so great for a good night's sleep.  I will say, though, with the new curtains, the dark has returned to our house, and I'm sleeping like a baby again.  Yay!

This week's diamonds go to...
- New curtains.  Because I like to sleep.  In the dark.
- Plastic folders.  I destroy folders like there's no tomorrow.  Hopefully this new poly one will hold up to the abuse.

Coals to....
- Viruses.  For getting Josh and I sick earlier this week.  Yuck.
- The weather.  I know the weather spends a lot of time on this list, but really, 30-knot winds this weekend?  Seriously?

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment