May 27, 2011

Diamonds + Coals - Trader Joe's and My Desk

I'll readily admit that I'm not much of a cook.  Baking is something I'm pretty good at (desserts are my specialty), but cooking, not so much.  Plus, when you're generally pressed for time, spending a hour or more making dinner just isn't in the cards.

Enter Trader Joe's.  The smaller stores make grocery shopping quick and easy-- there are only three types of mustard to chose from, as opposed to most larger stores with whole shelves dedicated to the yellow condiment.  They have tons of prepared entrees, too.  Pre-seasoned steaks and chicken, pork florentine and hams.  All goodness.  Combine that with some fresh, pre-cut veggies, and you have a delicious, nutritious meal that comes together in twenty minutes.  Then there's dessert.... Not always as nutritious, but definitely delicious!

So, diamonds to....
- Trader Joe's.  For allowing us to eat good meals without slaving away in the kitchen for hours.
- B&H Photo.  Great gear and fast shipping!

Coals to....
- My desk.  For not magically straightening itself overnight.  Alas, my piling system needs a revamp.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment