May 13, 2011

Birthday Flowers

Each and every year, my wonderful Grandma, who lives back in Michigan, sends me flowers on my birthday, and each and every year I look forward to a solid week of shooting flowers in various states of bloom.  I love to pull out the macro lens, and focus on capturing the details of each flower.  On the first day or two, I usually manage to leave the flowers in place in their arrangement, but by the third day, I just can't help myself, and I end up pulling the flowers in full bloom out to be photographed on a solid background.  (Don't worry, Grandma, I put them back after!)  This year, as I was shooting away with my macro lens, I thought I'd have a little fun, and halfway through, I switched to my LensBaby Muse.  For those of you who don't know (ok, pretty much everyone outside the Wonderful World of Photography), LensBaby makes selective-focus "toy" lenses.  They're a ton of fun, and create some really neat effects in your images.

So, without further ado, here are the photos!

These first two were taken with my macro lens.

And here are a few more with the Muse....

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed shooting with the Muse, so I think just may start myself a little personal project... More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment