May 15, 2011

Just Diamonds - Birthdays

My favorite quote of all time was spoken by the illustrious Warren Miller: "If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do."  Those words inspire me on so many levels to go out, go for it, and live life to the fullest.  Of course, when you do turn one year older (my birthday was Monday), it inspires a good bit of reflection, too.  And, I have to say, after 31 years, I love where I am, where I'm going, and I wouldn't change a thing!  This last year has been our busiest yet, and I couldn't have done it without my wonderful, amazing, out-of-this-world husband, who, incidentally, always makes my birthdays just plain great.  Over the past years, my birthdays have been a trip to Vegas, surprise whole-wheat pancakes (Yum!),  the camera that inspired me to start a business, and various outdoor adventures.  This year, it was the "Ten Days of Birthday," and I got to open one gift a day until my birthday, when we celebrated by going out to my favorite restaurant, and then for ice cream.  It was just plain perfect.

So, this week's diamonds go to....
- Josh.  For being so darn wonderful and supportive, and making me fall in love him more every day.
- Birthdays.  I like any excuse to celebrate, and birthdays always have ice cream!
- Loard's Ice Cream.  Their Almond Joy ice cream is a birthday gift all on its own.

This week's coals.... well, there aren't any!

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment