February 24, 2011

When Your Closet Goes on Strike...

A few weeks ago, I wrote about finding a great suit jacket that I totally forgot I had at the back of my closet.  Evidently, the closet was trying to tell me something with that gift, and it seems I may have missed the message and offended it.  As a result, two days ago, it went on strike, and the main closet rod snapped in half and dumped a good portion of Josh's clothes on the floor.  This time, the message was clear: Time to clean out the closet.

We had to move all of the clothes out of the closet in order to replace the rod, so we went through everything as we cleared the mess.  I am always amazed at the amount of stuff you can amass in even short amounts of time, and we ended up with a discard pile large enough to sled down.  I tossed a variety of "belly" shirts (I swear they were longer when I bought them!), and Josh got rid of jeans that he's had for twelve (yes, twelve!) years, along with a wide assortment of clothes we've neither seen nor worn since moving into our house six years ago.

All in all, our closet's looking pretty slim now.  I just hope we can keep it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment