February 8, 2011

Wedding Trend - Selling the Dress

You've heard about brides selling their wedding dress after their Big Day, but I recently read an article about brides pre-selling their dresses before their own wedding.  Some brides selling pre-ceremony gowns have gone over their dress budget, and are hoping to recoup some of that money quickly.  Other brides say that it helps their gowns sell faster, because the style is still current.  Either way, it's an interesting concept, especially from a sentimental view.

Almost every couple saves certain items from their wedding for sentimental reasons, whether it's the veil, the bouquet, the cake topper, or very commonly, the wedding dress.  Somehow, after you've said your I do's, it all seems to mean a little more than it did before.  I'm a prime example of this.  Before our wedding, I said that I was most certainly going to sell my dress after the Big Day-- I wasn't planning to wear it again, and I've only met one person who has actually worn her mother's dress at her own wedding.  A year and a half later, it's still in my closet, and I'm just not quite ready to part with it.  I occasionally make jokes about wearing it about town on Halloween or an anniversary date to cover, but it's not fooling anyone.

So, my question is, will any of the brides pre-selling their dresses feel differently about their gown after having been married in it?  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment