February 4, 2011

Diamonds + Coals - January in California

While growing up in Michigan, January was the month I liked the least.  It was cold, with bouts of freezing rain and sleet, and the sun peeked out for what seemed like a scant ten minutes each day.  Living in California, however, has entirely changed my views on the month of January, especially this year.  It's been sunny and warm, perfect for engagement shoots, whether on the beach, in town, or at the zoo.  So, while my family is all hunkered down for the "Snowpocalypse,"  I've been out shooting gorgeous couples and spending some time on the water with Josh.  Yes, I believe I'm a true Californian now.

This week's diamonds go to...
- January in California.  Sunny and 70 degrees, need I say more?
- My brother Brian.  For introducing the words "snowpocalypse" and "snowmageddon" into my vocabulary.  I plan to use them with reckless abandon whenever talking about the Midwest.

And coals to...
- The news channels here who are already thinking about the "D" word.  Really, it's been a lovely January, can't we just enjoy it for a while without worrying about a drought?

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment