February 3, 2011

Wedding Trend - Heirloom Wedding Rings

Like most girls, I'm a sucker for all things sparkly.  If it glitters, shines, shimmers or twinkles, I'm in love.  So, it only makes sense that one of my favorite wedding details to shoot is the rings.

Rings are one of the most personal and unique parts of a wedding, and always reflect the couple's personalities perfectly, whether it's a simple, elegant solitaire, an artistic design with colored gems, or a spectacular diamond-encrusted halo and band.  I can personally attest to this-- Josh chose a ring with sapphire accents for me, and it's positively Me.

Every once in a while, though, I meet a couple whose rings have a little extra sentimental value.  Nikki and Paul were one of those couples, and her engagement ring, which had been handed down through generations of Paul's family, was the perfect fit for two of the most wonderful and devoted people I've met.  They designed two wedding bands to complement her engagement ring, and the result was a gorgeous blend of old and new.

It seems that heirloom rings used to be more common, but are more of a rarity these days, which begs the question:  Will you be handing your rings down to your children and grandchildren?  Why or why not?  I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment