June 17, 2011

Diamonds + Coals - Ball Caps and Coolers

Since wedding season started, our house has taken on a certain aspect of chaos, and several things have mysteriously disappeared.  A battery charger I use for my mouse.  Several water bottles.  My favorite ball cap.  It's been a good several months for chaos, but that changed this week-- I found my ball cap in our cooler, along with some very stale pretzels, tupperware, and Kool-Aid.  Since then, I've been wearing my hat around the house like there's no tomorrow.  Because I can, and because it's a hat with a story.  And because my hair, well, it has a tendency to go AWOL.  But, back to the story... Way back when we were in high school, Josh went to Chicago with his family for a weekend and brought me back a Niketown Chicago ball cap because he missed me (and possibly because he wanted one of his ball caps back... What can I say, I'm a ball cap kind of girl!).  For the past 13 years, every time I've worn that hat, I think of Josh, who we were way back then, and how much we've grown together since.  It's one of those things that just makes me feel like, well, me.  And that's always a good thing.

So, this week's diamonds go to...
- My ball cap.  For reminding me of high school, my best friend, and making me feel like my sporty self.
- The weather.  I know the weather shows up in my posts pretty frequently, but I am so thrilled that it's finally sunny and warm (or hot, if you're in Livermore)-- my folks are visiting next week, and up until this week, the weather in Michigan was looking better than the weather out here!
- The family that owns the last orange orchard in San Jose.  For allowing me to incorporate heavy machinery into an engagement shoot.  Thank you!!!
- Rosa and Raudel.  For looking fabulous with the above-mentioned machinery.  Love!

And coals to...
- Our cooler.  For hiding my hat for a few months, among other things...
- Our house.  Didn't it say something about a self-cleaning feature when we bought it?  No?  Bummer.

Have a wonderful weekend, and I'll catch you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment