January 25, 2011

A Groupon Proposal

I read an article this morning about a groom who proposed to his bride by placing an ad on the Cincinnati Groupon website, where they frequently shop together.  While browsing the site, he pulled up his listing for her, and when she turned to him to ask what it was about, he was on one knee with an engagement ring.  Of course, she said yes!

This got me thinking about all the different proposal stories I've heard-- everything from trips to Disneyland, walks in the snow, kittens with rings tied to their collars, and Scrabble letters spelling out "Will you marry me?"-- and how personal and perfect they are for each couple.

Josh's proposal to me was the same-- perfect in every way.  We  headed down to Point Lobos State Park one beautifully sunny morning for a hike along the coast, and while I was taking photos on a secluded bluff, he suggested I come over and see the view from where he was standing.  When I turned around, he held out the most beautiful ring and asked me to marry him.  I said YES, and cried tears of joy.  Those same tears still well up whenever I think about that moment.  I was a little too distracted to hike much after that (it's a very sparkly ring, and Josh is a very handsome man), so we went down to the beach, where Josh surprised me with our favorite sparkling wine while we watched the waves and enjoyed each other's company.  A perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment