January 21, 2011

Diamonds + Coals - Kindles and Messy Offices

I love to read.  The first thing I've always done upon moving to a new town is to get a new library card, and when we moved to Livermore six years ago, it was no different.  I like to read a wide variety of books, so my usual trip to the library involves wandering the aisles of bookshelves and picking up any book that looks interesting and catches my eye.  I come home with quite a selection, everything from travelogues to classics to mysteries, biographies and romance novels, and usually with more books than I can read during the three-week check-out period.

Fortunately, Amazon developed the perfect gadget for people like me, and Josh gave me a Kindle for Christmas this year.  I am in love!  I now have thousands upon thousands of books at my fingertips, and don't have to renew or return any of them when I haven't gotten around to reading them just yet.  Plus, with my snazzy hot pink cover, I can read in public without flashing Fabio on the cover of a guilty-pleasure read!

So, without further ado, this week's Diamonds go to...

- My Kindle.  A thousand books that fit into my purse all at the same time, all while hiding my trashy romance reads from spying eyes.  Need I say more?
- New purses.  I finally broke down and replaced my battered three-year-old bag with a cute black-and-pink embroidered model so that I could carry my Kindle around all the time.  And, yes, you read that right, my purse matches my Kindle.

And now for the Coals...

- My hair.  Apparently it's developed a social life of it's own this week, and I'm entirely not included in it.  Hello, ponytails.
- My office.  The holidays have come and gone, but the mess remains...

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment