January 27, 2011

Adventure Camera - Hidden Lake Gardens

Last year, my parents began settling in to their dream home on a lake in a small town in southern Michigan.  Though they had had a weekend cottage on the same lot for years, since moving out to the lake permanently, they've been discovering new things in the area left and right.  One of the gems they found is Hidden Lake Gardens, a botanical garden and hilly parkland owned by Michigan State University.

Back in December, I spent a week visiting with my folks, and took a trip over to Hidden Lake Gardens with my dad, who also is a bit of a photobug (like father, like daughter!).  I've always been a daddy's girl, and spending time with my dad is something I miss living out on the west coast, unlike the Michigan weather!  Michigan in the winter is generally an icy experience, and the greenhouses were a warm treat on a bitterly cold day.  Being off-season, we had the place to ourselves, and happily snapped away the afternoon together.


No comments:

Post a Comment