July 18, 2011

Good Reads - Fatal Cut

Over the last week, I finally got around to finishing one of the books I've been reading for quite a while.  I love to read, and always have, but lately my dilemma has simply been finding the time to sit down with a good book and relax for a while.  I tend to be a marathon reader, and have been known to read an entire book, or two, in one sitting, which definitely doesn't work with a busy schedule.  So, I tried something new, and started reading one chapter before bed each evening.  Suddenly, I'm working my way through books again, and it's been a great way to relax and wind down at the end of a busy day.

Fatal Cut is the first in a series of novellas by Cathryn Grant, a friend and former coworker of mine.  It's is a murder mystery with a romantic twist, which I particularly liked, and the plot moves along quickly, keeping the momentum going throughout the story.  The story is narrated by the main character, Madison Keith, and follows her experiences in leaving the tech industry to start a new job at a community church, only to be pulled into the political and emotional hurricane there, and ultimately discovering a murder.  Madison is one of those characters that you can easily relate to through her thoughts and feelings, and you instantly like her "take-it-or-leave-it" attitude.  Overall, a fun, quick read that leaves you wanting more, and a definite recommend.  It's only available as an eBook, and you can find it on Amazon here.

Happy Monday, and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment