July 22, 2011

Diamonds + Coals - Dreams and Nightmares

Every once in a while, I have the nightmare.  The one that I'm convinced just about everyone has at some point in their life, in some variation or another.  In mine, I'm wandering around a college campus, perhaps I met a friend for lunch or had to stop by to pick something up.  In my pajamas, of course.  Because that's totally what I wear in public.  Right.  In any event, it suddenly occurs to me that I signed up for a few classes at the college, and I'm excited for them to start.  Then I realize that it's July, and that the semester's over, and that I didn't go to the classes, and panic.  Is it too late to drop the classes?  Did they fail me?  Is this going on my permanent record?!  And then I wake up with a start, which wakes Josh up.  And I ask him, in all seriousness, if I signed up for any classes.  Nope, just a nightmare.

So, let's start with the coals this week, shall we?
- Nightmares.  In particular, the nightmare.  Whether it's showing up at work in the buff, forgetting to study for a high school test (even though you're 28 and your 10-year reunion is upon you...), or not going to that phantom class your signed up for, it's craptastic.  
- The Postal Service.  I use their automatic postage machines to send packages out.  This week, one of them came back with a little note that I didn't put enough postage on it.  Hello, it's your machine that weighed it and told me how much postage it needed!

And now, this week's diamonds...
- Dreams.  As in the ones you follow.  Like leaving behind the corporate world to be a wedding photographer and live life on your own terms.  No matter how tough it may be at times, there's nothing in the world like living out a dream, and the fullness it brings in your heart.
- Josh.  For always being supportive, and for keeping me sane when a silly nightmare ratchets my stress level up.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment