March 16, 2011

A Coffee Sort of Day

Occasionally, I wake up, look out the window, and declare it to be a coffee sort of day.  I'm not usually a coffee person, but there's something about rainy days that just makes coffee seem inviting.  Maybe it's the aroma, or that it's a heavier drink than tea (I'm all about the flavored coffee creamer.  Irish cream?  Yes, please!).  Yes, today is definitely a coffee sort of day.

Usually on these days, my gut instinct is to sleep in, go out for a hot breakfast, and then curl up in my favorite chair with a good book.  In practice, though, that's rarely in the cards for me, so instead of a lazy morning involving IHOP, I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some at-home coffee, complete with caramel flavoring.  So, as I sit here typing, I'm sipping away at a delicious cup of caramel-and-Irish-cream flavored coffee, and day-dreaming of stacks of french toast and vegetable-laden omelettes.  Not a bad way to start off a drizzly Wednesday morning at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment