February 1, 2011

The Gym

Yesterday evening, Josh and I tried to get back on the gym bandwagon after, well, a really long time off.  It was the most successful attempt to date-- we made it all the way to the parking lot and into a parking space before turning around and going home.  Today, we decided to try something a little different, and headed to the gym in the morning, before starting our day.  This time we actually went into the gym and worked out for a half an hour before the extreme boredom got to us.  Somehow, reruns of Charmed just don't keep me motivated.

I admit, I used to have a few gym rat tendencies.  I'd work out every day, sometimes twice a day, and even taught kickboxing classes for a while.  (Yep, I was that person.)  Then, I discovered outdoor recreation-- biking, hiking, kayaking, trail running-- and the gym suddenly seemed a lot less interesting.  So, after today's trip to the gym, Josh and I are looking back to the great outdoors for our workouts.  We'll see how it goes, but what I do know is that I miss riding my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment