February 11, 2011

Diamonds + Coals - Shopping in Your Closet

Over the past year or so, I've been trying to downsize the amount of stuff I own.  You know, the stuff that we all collect on a daily basis.  It sits around the house, and hardly ever gets thrown out, but you have no idea why you're still keeping it.  That stuff.

For me, it's been a challenge and a learning experience.  I'll admit, I have a few pack-rat tendencies, and have been known to hang on to things a bit too long.  My closet seems to take the brunt of it (I just know I'll find a place to wear that dress again, someday!).  Every so often, though, I find something good hiding at the back of my closet.  This time, it was a charcoal grey suit jacket that I wore maybe three times, years ago.  Back in the day, it was strictly for business and interviews, but now looks a lot more fun dressing up a pair of jeans, which is great, because I was just thinking that a grey jacket would make a great addition to my wardrobe...

This week's diamonds go to...
- Finding great clothes you forgot you had, in your own closet.  It's like the mall, only way more convenient.
- Costco.  For making it easy to return that second 12-pack of paper towel that I mistakenly bought.

Coals to...
- Telemarketers.  For making me jump from my desk and dash downstairs to pick up our home phone, all to tell me about a special on air duct cleaning services.
- Costco.  For putting the paper towel right next to the toilet paper so that I mistakenly picked up paper towel thinking it was TP, when our TP situation at home was in dire straights.

No comments:

Post a Comment