August 2, 2011

Riding in the Summer Fog

Out in the Tri-Valley, fog is a fact of life in the summer.  It rolls in each evening, pouring over the Pleasanton Ridge and sinking into the valleys, and then usually burns off in the late morning the next day.  It gives the landscapes a mysterious, undiscovered feeling, and biking or hiking out into the misty solitude is a great, adventuresome feeling.  Other days, however, the fog inspires me to sleep in, go to IHOP, and curl up my comfy chair with a big down blanket and a book, no matter what the temperature may be.  Thankfully, I have Josh to help me combat that little issue (I'm not always a morning person...), and we're finally starting to get into a routine where we go for a bike ride early each morning.  This morning, the fog was in, and on the way back, I decided to stop and take a photo of a barn I've been meaning to shoot for ages.  I didn't have my Adventure Camera with me, so I used my Blackberry's camera-- the best camera for the job is the one you have with you, right?


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment