August 5, 2011

Diamonds + Coals - Terrestrial Radio and BayPhoto

A few years back, I traded in my old Ford Escape for a shiny new Jeep Wrangler.  As with most new cars these days, it came with a satellite radio and a trial subscription to the satellite service.  Usually, these trial subscriptions last about six months, just enough to get you hooked before sending you a bill to continue service.  Somehow, though, the trial subscription on my Jeep lasted for over two years.  I kept waiting for the bill, and it just never came.  So, a few weeks ago, it finally ran out.  It was bad.  Because I don't drive very often, I keep forgetting to look at resubscribing, and have been listening to terrestrial radio for the last little while.  Holy cow.  I forgot how many commercials and obnoxious morning talk shows there are!  After all those hours of commercial-free music, the first couple days were simply painful.  I'm slowly getting used to it, but still miss that commercial-free, static-free music...

So, this week's coals go to...
- Terrestrial radio.  Less annoying banter, more music, please!
- Myself.  For breaking my bike's taillight.  Don't ask, it's a long story.

Of course, this week's diamonds go to...
- Bay Photo.  For sending me to the WPPI Road Show next week.  I'm super stoked to see Jim Garner speak-- he's been a huge inspiration to me, and there is a great lineup of speakers for the San Jose event.
- Josh.  Yes, I know he gets a lot of diamonds, but he deserves every one of them.  This week he took care of the grocery shopping, and bought me honey yogurt and fresh blueberries for breakfast.  Yum!

I know I promised photos from our Lake Tahoe trip, so next week will be kayak week on the blog!  Stay tuned!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment