August 26, 2011

Diamonds + Coals - The Village Barbershop and Garage Doors

After a string of disappointing movie selections on Netflix over the last month, we finally found another winner.  The Village Barbershop was a great, heartwarming and funny movie about a longtime barbershop owner whose partner passes away, leaving him a bit lonely, short a hand, and without an accountant.  Enter Gloria, a young woman recovering from a bad breakup and in need of a job.  Through trials and tribulations, their lives come together.  I'm being deliberately vague here-- I really enjoyed the twists and turns of the plot, and don't want to give it all away.  In any event, a really great movie, and I highly recommend it.  And guys, it's not a chick flick, so feel free to enjoy it, too!

This week's coals go to...
- Our garage door.  For finally biting the bullet and snapping in half.  Who knew garage doors did that?  We're told is was a super duper cheap door, and that's why.  So, invest a little in your garage door.  You never know when it may decide to stop working and hold your car hostage inside.

Diamonds to...
- The Village Barbershop.  It's one of those movie that makes you feel good about everything.  Even doing the dishes.
- Futurama.  I found the first seven seasons of my favorite cartoon of all time on Netflix.  Yup, I'm a little nerdy sometimes... Don't judge!  :)
- My desk.  Somehow, over the last week, the cleaning fairies came by and cleared all the miscellaneous junk away.  I can see the surface again!

Have a wonderful weekend, and I'll be back next week with a gorgeous wedding and one of my favorite engagement shoots of all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment