June 28, 2011

Wedding Trend - Best Women and Flower Men

Previously unheard of especially in more traditional in wedding ceremonies, it's becoming more and more common to see a blurring of gender roles.  For example, the bride's attendant of honor might be her best guy friend, or the groom may have a "best woman."  One of the more rare attendants to see, however, is the "flower man."  Yes, you read that right-- flower man.

A flower man might carry the traditional basket of flower petals, or in some cases, fling petals from the pockets of his suit, or simply wear a special boutonniere.  In any case, the role usually played by a young girl is played by, well, a man.  It's an interesting phenomenon, and one that I'm personally not so sure about.  I'm all for personalizing your wedding (of course!!!), and having those closest to you play significant parts in your Big Day (as it should be!), but this just seems a little out there to me.  I would think that having a flower man might add a certain comedic element to a ceremony, and for me, a ceremony should be heartfelt and loving, not funny.  But that's just me-- I'd love to hear what you think, so please weigh in!


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment