June 15, 2011

Shea + Gus - San Jose Rose Garden Engagement

Shea and Gus are all about love, laughter, and being yourself.  Gus is always making Shea laugh, and you can see the love between them when they look at each other.  One of the things I absolutely love about Shea and Gus is that they just let go and be themselves, no matter what.  They're real.  Real people, real fun, and really in love!

Since they both work at Mineta San Jose International Airport, Shea wanted to incorporate airplanes into their shoot.  So, we headed to the San Jose Heritage Rose Garden for their engagement shoot for an afternoon of bright flowers and sleek planes.


I just love the laughter and happiness in this one... Looking at it makes me smile!

The rose gardens are right under the take-off flight path from the airport, so we watched the skies and set up shots as the planes were flying over.  Gus works for Southwest, and Shea for Alaska Airlines, so there was a little friendly competition throughout the shoot.... I'm not throwing my vote either way, but I sure do like how Southwest's orange-and-purple planes pop for photos!  (Sorry, Shea!)

Shea and Gus, I had a wonderful time wandering through the roses and chasing airplanes with you!  I can't wait for your wedding, and have so many fun ideas for shooting around Tahoe, I can hardly contain myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment