June 9, 2011

Wanny + Mike - Yosemite Engagement

Let me start off by saying that Wanny and Mike are a truly awesome couple.  They totally fun, up for anything, and absolutely in love!  Like Josh and me, Wanny and Mike love the great outdoors, and spend a lot of time hiking and backpacking together.  So, when Wanny suggested Yosemite as the location for their engagement shoot, I was thrilled!  A gorgeous couple in an amazing, iconic place?  But, of course!  We planned the shoot to take advantage of the huge snowpack this year, and Yosemite's waterfalls were tumbling down the granite walls in full force and the Merced was roaring down the valley.

I loved that Wanny brought her wedding dress along for some bridal shots in Yosemite.  When we happened upon a motorcycle rally, it was the perfect opportunity to go wild!  Many, many thanks to Kevin May of Vintage Restorations and the rest of the Indian Motorcycle folks!  Kevin's beautiful 1947 Indian motorcycle was the perfect prop for some of my all-time favorite shots.

A little while and a wardrobe change later, we were headed towards the far end of the valley for photos near the Royal Arches and Yosemite Village.

I love these next two.  You can just see the love and happiness!

Of course, what would a trip to Yosemite be without a shot in front of Half Dome?

And a little more love and Yosemite Falls to wrap things up...

Wanny and Mike, I had an absolutely wonderful time touring the valley with you, and I can't wait for your wedding in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment