April 5, 2011

When I'm 85....

Last weekend, Josh and I headed to Vegas for a little relaxation before this year's wedding season really hits (it's here!).  We went to see a comedian one night-- Shecky Greene.  We'd never heard of him, but we love comedy, so we decided to give him a try.  Let me tell you, he's hilarious!  I love entertainers from the Sinatra era, and Shecky encompasses that age of entertainment (complete with Sinatra references), but keeps it fresh with current material (I'm pretty sure Josh and I were the youngest folks in the audience, and possibly the only two that really got the Gold's Gym bit.).  He's really a comedic master, and I have to say, they just don't make entertainers like that anymore.

As it turns out, Shecky Greene was also celebrating his 85th birthday with last weekend's performances, and that got me thinking.  What a wonderful thing to still be doing what you love when you're 85!  It was truly inspiring to see Shecky up on stage, singing, dancing, telling jokes and having a great time all the while.  I hope to follow his lead and still be living it up like that at 85 years old.  So, here's to Shecky Greene (happy birthday!), and to always following your dreams and loves, no matter how old you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment