September 30, 2011

The Smurfs

It's funny how things come back around.  Way back when, I used to watched the Smurfs cartoons on TV, and followed their battles with the evil Gargamel and his cat Azreal every Saturday morning, along with He-Man and She-Ra.  Then, they all went off the air, replaced by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (which just came back around itself!) and a variety of other shows I don't even remember at this point.

Now that the Smurfs have made a resurgence with feature-length 3D movie, McDonald's has, of course, added Smurf figurines to it's Happy Meals.  Since Josh's dad has an in on the Happy Meal toy front, a box containing the entire set of Happy Meal Smurf figurines arrived on our doorstep last week.  Which led to Josh comparing me to a Smurf each day.  At some point during the day, he leaves one of the Smurfs on the table next to my reading chair.  One day, I was apparently Panicky (it was one of those days...), and yesterday, after having gotten my hair cut (cue the Hallelujah chorus-- I was in dire need!), Vanity Smurf was sitting next to my Kindle.  We'll see which Smurf today brings, but I will say, if Papa Smurf shows up on my reading table, well, I'm just not so sure about that.... 

Happy Friday, and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment