September 16, 2011

Diamonds + Coals - Biking and Fall

Somewhere along the way this week, we decided to finally sign up for an organized bicycle ride.  I'd call it a race, but, well, I have no intention of racing-- I just want to finish in one piece.  So, with a date now looming, we've finally got the appropriate motivation to start seriously biking during the week.  (We've been a little lazy lately with the heat and all...)  We headed off on one of our favorite local rides, Del Valle Road.  The road climbs roughly 600 feet in a little over a mile and a half, and makes for a great workout.  You sweat on the way up, and cruise on the way down.  This time, we had a bit of an unofficial race on the way down, and I managed to clock my fastest speed on bicycles ever: 37.75 mph.  Scary fast, but totally exhilarating, and I can't wait to get back out there!

So, without further ado, this week's coals go to...
- Junk mail.  Holy cow.  I opened my mailbox yesterday only to find that our mail carrier had stuffed it full of more junk mail than I've ever seen.  It literally exploded out of the box.  Now I"m on a mission to take our address off every catalog and coupon subscription known to man.
- Satellite radio.  It seems to have an on-again-off-again type of relationship with my Jeep.  Monday was on.  Yesterday was off.  Let's just make up our mind on this, shall we?

This week's diamonds go to...
- Biking.  You may not feel like going for a ride, but once you get out there, it feels great.
- Fall-like weather.  The break in the heat has been fantastic, and I already feel like pulling out my sweaters and tall boots.  Sadly, it looks like net week's going to heat up again.
- Finao.  For being awesome to work with.  Their albums are top-notch, as are the people who work there.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment