January 20, 2011

My Adventure Camera

Like many people, I like to carry a camera around with me to record life's adventures.  For some people, that camera is their phone, for others it's a full DSLR set up.  For me, it's a little ruggedized, waterproof point-and-shoot that I like to call my Adventure Camera.

My Adventure Camera goes pretty much everywhere with me - hiking, biking, backpacking, kayaking, skiing, canyoneering and traveling.  I capture the crazy things we do, photos of Josh when he's not looking, and the beauty in everyday life and the world around us.

The unfortunate part is that because it's always traveling around with me, my Adventure Camera doesn't make it up to my office very often to download photos.  Which brings us to this morning, when I finally pulled the camera out of our cross country ski gear, and downloaded its memory card.  As it turns out, it's been a while.  Like six months or so.  I found photos from a late summer trip to Lassen Volcanic National Park, a weekend in Seattle for our anniversary, a trip to the botanical gardens with my Dad back in December, and, of course, this week's ski tour.  All great memories, and I can't wait to see what the next semi-annual download brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment